What Does the AMS Parent Group Do?
- Cover the cost of the DJ for school sponsored dances
- $50 each to 8th grade outstanding students of the year
- T-shirt for the students of the month throughout the year
- Donation toward the 8th grade Farewell Dance
- Microwaves and paper plates for students use in the lunch room
- Outdoor sports equipment for recess
- Sponsor a school dance during the year
- Give $13.00 per student to help cover end of year banquets.
- $50 for each teacher for classroom materials
- $500 for requests in excess of $50
- Subscriptions for print or web materials to aid in classroom instruction
- Help cover the cost for rewards for contests (ex: MSTEP, spelling bee)
- Teacher Appreciation luncheon and gifts.
- $3,000-$4,000 for large donation each year to the school
- 2014/15 - Flat screen monitors positioned throughout the school
- 2015/16 - Poster printer
- 2016/17 - New scoreboards for the gym
- 2017/18 - Paid for special speaker for school assembly
- 2018/19 - Media cart for presentations
- 2021/22 - Basketball backboards and Rims for Gym
- Supply concessions for the 7th & 8th grade home sports game
- Arrange for and sell Pridewear
- Supply volunteers when needed by the administration